Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Sneak Peek: More Recent Goodies!

Hi all!  Thought I'd give you a sneak peek of some more recent goodies I purchased that I'm excited about.  I got them from StrawberryNET.  This is my second time I've purchased from this online shop and so far, I've enjoyed their swift service, discounted prices and product range. ^_^  Here's what I purchased:

  • Kevyn Aucoin's The Sensual Skin Enhancer in the shade 'SX07'
  • Dior Impression Cuir Leather Couture For The Eyes (Unboxed Without Labeling)
  • Chanel Illusion D'Ombre (Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow) in 'Rivière' (#87)
  • Yves Saint Laurent's Pure Chromatics 4 Wet and Dry Eyeshadows in #3

Kevyn Aucoin's The Sensual Skin Enhancer in 'SX07'

This purchase was inspired by a number of rave reviews, including from a couple of great You Tubers I follow: Cristina from Confessions of a Beaute-Junkie and Tina from Tina Georgy Beauty.  I've been wanting to try this product for a while (in general, a really good concealer with excellent coverage without the heavy feel and long lasting), and particularly now that my skin has been not the best lately with a few break outs here in there due to me trying out different skin care of late - upsetting my normal routine.

I have had to purchase Kevyn Aucoin's The Sensual Skin Enhancer online, sight-unseen and relied on Cristina's personal colour selection as I believe I have very similar skin tone to hers.  The Sensual Skin Enhancer comes in an awesome shade selection - about 16 I think so you're bound to find a shade that's right for you.  'SX 07' is described as a ' light shade with neutral-yellow undertones', which is fairly accurate and I'm very pleased that the neutral-yellow undertone pretty much suits my skin tone.  Will see about how well the actual depth of colour matches my face though.  'SX 07' is pretty much close to the middle of the available shades available - i.e., medium to light.  So far, I've had a swatch of it on my wrist and I'm impressed by the texture, coverage, finish and shade.  It comes in a tiny pot, but you need the tiniest amount of it and it will cover a large area!  Plus, you can either use it as a foundation and/or concealer.  I'm very excited and can't wait to use this. ^_^
Dior Impression Cuir Leather Couture For The Eyes

This eye shadow trio is Lisa Eldridge's fault. ;-) It was featured on her all-time favourites video.  Dior eye shadows are one of the best and combined with being a talented make-up artist's all-time favourite, how could I not resist?  Apparently, Dior Impression Cuir Leather Couture For The Eyes was a limited edition from a couple or so years ago, but I was ecstatic to find one on StrawberryNET albeit unboxed and without labeling (the latter meant that it was further discounted - hooray! :D).

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in 'Rivière' (#87)

As you may know, I love Chanel makeup.  So far, I have six shades of their long wear luminous (cream/mousse) eyeshadows that was introduced in their Fall Collection last year to be part of the permanent range.  If you're interested, please click HERE to see a review and swatches of 5 of them (note, the other shade in 'Fantasme' (#81) is not featured in that post, as it was purchased some time afterwards).  The Illusion D'Ombre is probably my favourite cream eye shadow - I particularly love the sophisticated twinkle they impart on the eyes.  So, when I heard about another shade: 'Rivière' (#87) that was only exclusively released for Asia, I was very excited indeed.  It helped that the reviews I read about it were very positive also.  Now, I'm not particularly fond of wearing green shades for the face, so I was slightly weary of the soft, silvery light mint that is 'Rivière' (#87).  However, now that I have it, I'm glad I bought it as I'm sure I would have regretted it!  It's a very wearable and pretty mint green to me as it just has the palest and softest hue of it and helps to brighten the eye area.  I actually LOVE it!  I'm sure I'll have fun wearing this particularly when it hits spring/summer for a fresh, light look. :)
Yves Saint Laurent's Pure Chromatics 4 Wet and Dry Eyeshadows in #3

I purchased this one because I absolutely love the colour combination of rich brown, taupe, blue and silvery blue (I mention my obsession with blue HERE ;-)). I haven't swatched this yet, but I definitely can't wait to try! Meanwhile, The Non-Blonde has a positive review including swatches you can see HERE.  She says it's particularly flattering on those with brown eyes and olive skin tones, which should mean it suits me, so YAY!  If I'm happy with this eye shadow quad, I may purchase #6 as well, which I did swatch at the store and liked the look of - it's also a colour combination that would be unique in my current collection.
I hope that was somewhat interesting and perhaps inspire you to try new products or repurchase ;-).  Unless, of course, you are on a spending ban, in which case, I apologise and I hope you forget everything you saw! /:-)

Thanks for visiting! ^_^ xo


Have you purchased anything recently that you've been excited about?  Have you tried any of the products above - if so, please let me know what you think in a comment below. :)


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar