Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Keeping Fresh and Fragrant - Philips Satinelle Ice Premium

I have been using an epilator for 3 years now, and I wonder why I've never blogged about it! It's really time that I share such a wonderful appliance with all of you. =)

Philips Satinelle Ice Premium


Available: All major electrical and electronics stores, $139 (2008).


Volume: 1 set contains 1 epilator, 1 ice pack, 1 ice pack holder, 1 epilating head, 1 shaving head, 1 brush, and 1 zip case.


Star Properties: Ceramic head. Comes with ice pack to soothe redness and itch. Can be charged and used cordless.

Packaging
It came very well-packed in a big box which I still keep, but have never found a need to re-use it. Lol.

Why I Bought It
I think it just comes a time when a girl grows up, starts to wear sleeveless clothes, and somehow find that it is very unsightly to be seen with armpit hair.

I have used hair-removal cream before, but it only worked once or twice, and it seemed that my skin grew immune to it, so it got harder and harder to use the cream for removal.

I did extensive research, and found that if I use a shaver, the hair would grow back thick and fast! Whereas, with an epilator, the hair are pulled out of the roots, and so grow back finer and slower.

Usage
All you need to do, is fix the epilating head onto the main bar, turn on the power, slide on the switch, and start using it like you would a shaver. Go against the direction of the hair growth for easier removal.

It's really quick and clean!

Sound
It may sound scary in the beginning because there is the typical shaver drill kind of noise, and bringing such noisy device so close to your ear is a little intimidating. However, after I learned how to handle it properly on my second use, I grew to be totally unafraid of it.

You have to be careful to tie up your hair, or keep away your hair from the epilating head, because it will suck your hair in and cut it. That's alright, because I had a couple of my fringe cut off before. The bad part is that your hair would get stuck in the epilator! And that is bad.

If that happens, you'd have to keep spinning and stopping it till it automatically spins the hair strand out.

Also, there are instructions that you should use this when the hair has grown a bit, but no longer than 2cm, or else, you would feel pain.

Ice Pack
I love the ice pack. It really helps in the beginning because when your skin is still not use to the plucking, it will get slightly red and feel a little hot. And clamping the ice pack in between your arms and your body soothes the irritation so much.

Also, the head on the ice pack helps to narrow the epilating head so you wouldn't find that it's taking off too many strands of armpit hair at the same time.

There is another ice pack for the legs. But I never ever use this on my legs so I've kept that ice pack away, and you're not seeing it in the photo.

However, nowadays, I've gotten so used to it that I don't use the ice pack anymore.

Effectiveness
As you can see below, the hair strands come out, and the larger blacker heads are the roots of my hair. That's how it works, and how effective it is.

I hope you can spot the roots of the hairs. They are all around the "Ceramic" word.


Follow-up Procedures
From my research, many have said that they started growing in-grown hairs after using the epilator, and their underarms started to turn brown.

However, after 3 years of using this, I found that in-grown hairs is really not a problem!

Personally, I prefer to epilate during evening, after shower, as that is the time that your pores would open up. Then I would use a body scrub the day after (about 24 hours) I epilate. This helps to bring out the in-grown hair. After that, you can moisturize with lavender oil or any of your favorite moisturizer!
Why do I say epilating is about keeping fresh and fragrant?
I realize that when I start to smell a bit of sweat smell lingering, it is when the hairs start to grow a bit long. And really, that's when I get the cue to epilate. Smells actually comes from the fact that bacteria is growing. So for example, if one can smell one's feet, it means bacteria is starting to grow in the socks/shoes/feet, and so it's time to wash and scrub the shoes/feet.

Alternatives
I understand that $139 for a small device like this may be a bit uncomfortable for some of you. The good news is that Philips actually has many, many models of epilators, and they are really, really good ones.

In fact, in my research, I've found that even the $40 small one that you can use in the bath, together with shower foam, is good enough. However, that one doesn't comes with the two ice packs, hence the lower price.

Positively Nice! 5/5
No regrets getting a Philips product that is so long-lasting, and easy to integrate into my life.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar