Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Review: Faces Canada Silk Glam on Eyeshadow Duo Smokey Look - #14, Swatches, FOTD

I remember my first love with Faces Canada, started with their smokey eye kit I bought last year. The eyeshadows provided by the kit were simply amazing and when I began to use this particular eyeshadow duo from Faces Canada’s new Silk range of products, I definitely had quite high expectations from them. And I am really glad to say that this duo completely came up to my expectations and confirmed that my first love for Faces Canada’s eyeshadows wasn't just a mere crush (or crash!).




Price: INR 399/-

My experience with this duo

The duo comes in a lovely glossy and sturdy case, with the duo number and expiry date written at the back of the case. It has a nice wide mirror on the inside and also comes with sponge tip applicators that can help you apply these eyeshadows on the go. Now, coming to the shades, pigmentation and texture of these eyeshadows - its all amazing. The shades blue and grey can definitely give your eyes a pop of color, while you wear your fav LBD (Little black dress) for a night out, or your gorgeous beige net Saree for your cousin's wedding.
Smokey looks are in, and you can get a lovely smokey blue eye makeup using this duo.
Both the eyeshadows are amazingly pigmented, and easy to apply too. They give satin finish on my eyes and absolutely give no fall outs. With just foundation base and powder, they stay on my lids for 4 hours without creasing or fading. With my Essence eyeshadow primer, I've experienced them to stay for as long as 7+ hours, after which I anyway washed them off.

Let us quickly look into the likes and dislikes that I've felt about this eyeshadow duo:

Likes:

1) Gorgeous sturdy casing with a mirror inside, that makes it a perfect little thing to carry in your bag.

2) The eyeshadows - bright-blue and bluish-grey give a lovely pop of color to the eyes. They are amazingly pigmented, easy to apply and easy to blend. You can experiment with these shades to look like a snow queen (by using white base) or look like Lulu - the fictional twenty-two-year-old black magic user in the Final Fantasy series (by using a black base).

3) No creasing or fading for at least 4 hours without primer. With primer, expect these eyeshadows to glam up your eyes for 7+ hours.

4) Inexpensive for the quality and quantity you get.

5) I've not experienced any irritation or allergy from these eyeshadows.

Dislikes:
None!

Rating: 5/5 (A+)


Check out some more pics, swatches and makeup look done by me using this product:






For this look, after priming my lids using essence eyeshadow primer, I applied Faces cream black eyeshadow as a base. I then patted the grey eyeshadow from this duo all over the lids, and then applied the blue one on the outer V and into the crease. After that I took black eyeshadow from Faces smokey eye kit and just strengthened the outer V using it. For inner corners I used the light shimmery peach eyeshadow from Faces smokey eyeshadow kit.
Faces cream black eyeshadow as base on the lids

Central black eyeshadow used on the outer V and fourth eyeshadow from left used for inner corners






Makeup breakdown:

Eyes:
  • Essence Eyeshadow Primer
  • Faces Cream Black eyeshadow
  • Grey shade of this duo on the center of the lids
  • Blue shade of this duo on the outer V and into the crease, and below the waterline
  • Satiny black eyeshadow from Faces smokey eyeshadow palette on the outer V to define the eyeshape
  • Satiny light peach from the Faces smokey eyeshadow palette on the inner corners and under the eyebrows.
  • Ambika Pillai liquid liner
  • Faces Black Mascara (Comes in Faces Smokey eyes Kit)
Face:
Lips: 
Disclaimer: Product provided by the brand for consideration; however my honest review as always

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar