Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Empties: February 2014


After a sample-heavy January I decided to put that project on pause and just enjoy my regular sized products during February. At the beginning of the month I started going through my makeup and actually getting rid of some stuff. Midway through the month a lot of products started finishing. I had a week where I was finishing full sized products every day, sometimes more than one. Finishing makeup was especially exciting. After trying to get through products for a while now, to finally see it pay off was very motivating. I had a friend visit that I almost never get to see that wanted some of the makeup I had put aside and decided to let her have it even though I hadn't featured it here yet. I'll add it still to the count and mention the products at the end of the post.


Caudalie - Shower Gel in 'The Des Vignes' and 'Zeste De Vigne' 200ml x 2
I was very excited to finally try these, especially with the raves Essie Button kept giving. They both smell lovely, with 'The Des Vignes' being my personal favourite, but besides that I didn't really care for them. I found them to be a bit drying.

Nivea - In-Shower Body Milk Skin Conditioner 250ml
This has been an instant favourite. I always moisturise after I shower, always. But having this available on those really early mornings, or when catching a plane too early to know if you should even bother going to bed - this really saves me precious time. I'm already on my next bottle.

La Prairie - Skin Caviar Luxe Body Emulsion 30ml
This is a gorgeous body lotion. It moisturises the driest of skin and the tiny glitter particles leaves skin with a beautiful glowing sheen. It's been discontinued to my knowledge so no "conclusion" necessary, but I'm pretty sure you can dupe this for a whole lot less money than it is or was.


Tresemme - Silk Shine Finishing Spray 200ml
I bought this a while back. When I first started using it I remember being quite impressed with it. It's been left at the back of several closets since, being taken with on more than one move. I finally decided enough was enough, it's expired after all. My memory tells me it was a decent product, but unless I'm in dire need of a shine spray and nothing but a Boots is open I don't see myself re-purchasing. This as I will be the first admit; I'm a bit of a hair product snob.

Redken - All Soft Shampoo 50ml
I had one of these in last months empties as well. It's a nice shampoo, gentle on the hair, but ended up making my hair a bit more oily than I like. If you've got a dry or irritated scalp I imagine this would be a good option.

Tresemme - Instant Refresh Waterless Foam Shampoo 150ml
Another old product that has expired. This one I never got on with. Will never re-purchase, look at or consider again.

Batiste - Dry Shampoo Dark & Deep Brown 200ml
Hair snob or not, this stuff I can't stop buying. It's not the best dry shampoo in town, but for my dark hair the colour on this is what makes it one of my favourites.


Emma Hardie - Amazing Face Natural Lift and Sculpt Moringa Cleansing Balm 100ml - click here for review -
I finished yet another tub of this. I still love it, but hate the packaging. If it wasn't for me having another back-up I probably would've made the move to REN's cleansing balm in their easy-to-use tube. For now I'm testing this again in the new packaging. So far I like it, but we'll see how it holds up after a few weeks use. Packaging aside, the actual cleansing balm is still nothing short of fabulous.

La Prairie - Sun Protection Emulsion Face SPF 30
This is a lovely sunscreen. It didn't break me out or irritate my skin, felt comfortable on the skin and left no white cast or residue. If only the would make this in SPF 50 and it would be a serious contender.

Kiehls - Ultra Light Daily UV Defense SPF 50 PA+++ 60ml
This is my current absolute favourite sunscreen. The only reason I haven't re-purchased is I want to finish the samples I have first. When those are done I will buy this again no question. It's absolutely fabulous. No white cast, no oily residue, no breakouts, no irritation, high protection and the consistency is amazing.

Aesop - Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Facial Toner 200ml - click here for review -
I've told myself I can't open up my backup of this until I've finished at least one other deluxe sample, but it's hard. This toner is amazing and one of my absolute favourites. Check my full review for more details.


Origins - Energy Boosting Moisturiser 50ml - click here for review -
Not happy I finished this. I've just posted a review so I don't have much else to say, but I definitely do think I'll re-purchase after finishing off a few other moisturisers I have.

Clinique - Superdefense SPF 20 15ml - click here for review -
The eye cream that never finished, finally did. Though saying "finally" is a bit misleading as I wasn't happy it's done at all. I'm making myself use up my eye cream samples before opening my backup of this as I don't want them lying around for forever, but the point is I have already re-purchased as it's freakin' amazing!

Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Eye 15ml - click here for review -
Another holy grail that sadly finished this month. I'm already on my next bottle which is my third or fourth. Won't be without the stuff.


Estee Lauder - Re-Nutriv Hydrating Cream Cleanser 30ml
This is a nice enough cleanser, but nothing special. It's ok for a quick morning "rinse" but I wouldn't trust this for a deep cleaning. The selling point on this would definitely be it's scent - it's entoxicating! But for just a nice scent I'd still look elsewhere.

Shiseido - Advanced Essential Energy Hand Nourishing Cream 15ml
This is a very nice hand cream. It has a very subtle scent and absorbs well and quickly. It moisturises hands well, but won't be enough for really dry hands. I've used it in the day as it's not enough for me as a "night treatment", but have found it perfect for this, especially considering it's handy size (though of course the full-size product is considerably larger).

La Roche-Posay - Effaclar Mat Sebo-Regulating Moisturiser 40ml
This moisturiser by La Roche-Posay is all around ok, but not anywhere near moisturising enough for me. Trying to finish products have made me somewhat creative. With moisturisers that I don't find quite rich enough for my skins needs, I've started using them while letting a hair mask do it's wonders. This is perfect as my dehydrated skin needs the hydration boost between showers, but let's me keep my good stuff for when it can be left on the whole day or night.


Shiseido - Facial Cotton 60 Cottons
While the box is certainly making everything a lot easier, I still prefer the larger pack of 165. Regardless of that, this is in my opinion entirely worth it's high price tag and I will continue to re-purchase.

RéVive - Intensite Volumizing Eye Serum 3ml
3ml doesn't sound like much, but this very nicely packaged sample of eye serum lasted me a solid two months. And it was beautiful. I don't think I can justify the price tag just now as I'm only 25, but this did wonders for my eye area. It was instantly brightened, tightened and noticeably more plump, moisturised and healthy. If you've got money to spend and are a few years older than me, this could be a very worth-while investment.

Caudalie - Vinosource S.O.S Morning Eye Rescue 1.5ml
If you're looking to try your first eye cream this would be a great option. It's a no frills, lotsa moisture eye cream. It's gentle, quickly absorbing and not too heavy.

Clarins - Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate 3ml
I've used a few samples of this in the past. It's a very nice eye cream, I use it in the evenings. I've not been "blown away", but I definitely have nothing bad to say about it either.


Make Up For Ever - HD Foundation in #110 30ml
This is part of my 14 Products I want to use up in 2014. It's always exciting to finish a makeup product, and this is no different. I've been mixing this, as it's a bit too light, with another foundation that is a bit too dark. In that aspect I wasn't overly happy this finished as it finished way before that other one did, but I have another one to mix it with now so crisis averted. The HD Foundation has a cult following and I can certainly see why. It's natural, leaves a nice satin finish, covers OK and lasts well. Still, I don't think I'll buy it again as I wasn't overly impressed either.

Chanel - Natural Finish Loose Powder in 30 Naturel Translucent 2 30g - click here for review -
I've been working on finishing this one for a while, and also put it as one of my products to finish this year. Finally scooping out that last bit of powder was especially exciting as the giant tub takes up so much space. It's a nice enough powder, one I enjoyed using, but since buying it I've found others I prefer so I don't se myself re-purchasing.

Hourglass - Mineral Veil Primer 30ml
For all the things I'm happy about finishing, this wasn't one of them. I knew I had to as it was due to expire, but it's one of my absolute holy grail products. I of course have a back-up of it that I'll crack open after finishing off a few more primers that are nearing the end.


Maybelline - Color Tattoos in '35-On and On Bronze' and '40-Permanent Taupe' - click here for review -
I've used these a fair bit and they are drying out. I initially wanted to use them as much as possible before they dried out completely, but remembering how miserable it made me last time I forced myself to use an cream eyeshadow daily I decided I'd rather throw them out and focus on the stuff I have and love. Life is too short, and these are pretty cheap. I'm not going to make myself miserable using products I like well enough that cost a few bucks, while letting Chanel and Tom Ford products I love sit in my drawers collecting dust.

Maybelline - Dream Touch Blush 7.5g
I can't find a shade name or number for this, but it's a rather beautiful shade. I've had it for more than the recommended 12 months and so therefore I'm going to let it go. It's a nice product, but I don't think they make these anymore anyway?

Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion 3.7ml
This was part of my products to use up and as I will be posting an update on that soon I'll skip writing too much about this here in fear of repeating myself. I will say that while I like it, I prefer other eye shadow primers much more and so therefore don't see myself re-purchasing.

Lancome - Color Fever Gloss in 308 6ml
Also a part of my products to use up so I'll go into more detail in that post. Regardless they don't make these anymore so re-purchasing isn't an option. It's a good gloss though, that I'll say! Really long lasting, good pigmentation and not at all drying. A shame they got discontinued.


Sunday Riley - Cashmere SPF 30 2ml
This left an oily residue on my face and I think it broke me out. I tried it for two consecutive days, but stopped using it for obvious reasons and threw the rest of my samples out. Not something I'll be buying or trying again.

Sundy Riley - Good Genes Treatment 2ml
This has quite the cult following which made me quite excited to finally try it myself. It left me completely underwhelmed. It seeminlgy did absolutely nothing for my skin. Not interested in this one either, of course.

Aesop - Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Serum 1.5ml x4
This one really impressed me though. It made skin glowing, healthy, radiant, helped blemishes disappear... Very interested in this product, for sure.


Les Palais Des Thes - Yunnan d'Or
I'm a very heavy tea drinker, and I go through a lot of tea that I don't feature in these posts. I wanted to feature this one though just to make a quick note; It's fantastic! It works as a tonic to get rid of water weight and it boosts the metabolism and so is excellent for anyone wanting to shed a few or maintain their figure. That's all I wanted to say!

Arran Aromatics - Parfumeur Jasmine & Philadelphus
This was nice enough with a nice burning time, but the scent was virtually non-existent. I'm burning another candle from the same brand currently that have a much more impressive scent throw, so I guess this one was just a dud.

Fushi - Neem Leaf 60 Capsules
I also don't usually feature supplements but wanted to feature this bottle as I've felt my skin gets better every time I take these. If you are looking for something a bit different to try, I really do recommend these.


Acqua Di Parma - Mandorlo Di Sicilia Eau De Toilette 1.2ml
This was really nice. It smelled fresh of mandarins but also felt like it smelled a bit of chocolate? Maybe I'm crazy. Overall very nice though, different.

Viktor & Rolf - Flowerbomb Eau De Parfum 1.5ml
This is nice enough, but it's never been and probably never will be a scent I'll personally be interested in.

Tom Ford - Noir Eau De Toilette x2
This is very nice, but not something I would ever buy. It's very deep and musky, reminds me of old classics like Chanel No 5. It's far from an actually similar scent, but it has that soapy "old perfume quality". At least to me.



So those are my empties for February! Quite a big lot! The makeup items I gave away are 6 Sleek eyeshadow palettes and one mini nails inc nail polish that I will be including in my total.

FEBRUARY TOTAL:
Normal: 17
Deluxe Sample: 5
Sample: 13
Makeup Item: 7+6 sleek palettes = 13 
Deluxe Sample Makeup Item: 1
Sample Makeup Item: 0
Nail polish: 0
Mini nail polish: 1
Jumbo Size: 0

2014 TOTAL:
Normal: 26
Deluxe Sample: 16
Sample: 30
Makeup Item: 13
Deluxe Sample Makeup Item: 1
Sample Makeup Item: 2
Nail polish: 0
Mini nail polish: 1
Jumbo Size: 0

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar